Table of Contents [hide]
Have you encountered a failed payment? Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue. Take a look at this general guide - it will help you navigate through the process.
- Double-check payment details: Verify that you've entered all the payment information correctly, including credit card numbers, expiration dates, CVC codes, and billing addresses. Sometimes, a simple typo can lead to a failed transaction.
- Check your account and payment status: Review your bank account or credit card statement to confirm if the payment was actually processed or if any funds were deducted. In some cases, a failed payment might still result in a temporary hold (reserved) on your account, which can be automatically released after a certain period.
- Payment alternatives: If the initial payment method doesn't work, consider using an alternative payment option. You can subscribe to Premium with Paypal or via iOS and Android.
- Update payment information: If your payment failed because of outdated or incorrect payment details, update your information accordingly. Ensure that the billing address, card information, or any other relevant details are accurate and up to date.
- Consider security measures: If you suspect that the failed payment could be due to security issues, such as unauthorized access to your account or fraud, take necessary precautions. Change passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and monitor your financial accounts for any suspicious activity.
- Reach out to card provider/bank: This method often can be the fastest way to resolve the payment problem. Simply reach out to your financial institution and ask them to let your payment goes through. They will know what to do.
- Contact us: Will your payment still not go through after having taken the steps above? Then contact us. We will tell you the cause of your failed payment. Hopefully this will shed some light on what’s interfering with your payment and finally you will be able to subscribe to Premium. We’re available via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Most of the failed payments occur due to the reason of “Fraud”. Card issuers often assume that your payment was unintentional (we are located in the Netherlands). The best way to resolve this is by contacting your card providers to resolve the matter.
Examples of failed payments
Would you like to know some of the most common causes of failed payments? They are as follows:
- Refused - The transaction was refused.
- Blocked Card - The card used for the transaction is blocked, therefore unusable.
- Expired Card - The card used for the transaction has expired. Therefore it is unusable.
- Invalid Card Number - The specified card number is incorrect or invalid.
- 3D Not Authenticated - 3D Secure authentication was not executed, or it did not execute successfully.
- Not Enough Balance - The card does not have enough money to cover the payable amount.
- Invalid Pin - The specified PIN is incorrect or invalid
- Fraud - Card issuers use an algorithm to block any suspicious/international transactions. Your payment failed due to their anti-fraud algorithm, assuming that your payment was unintentional (we are located in the Netherlands)
- CVC Declined - The specified CVC (card security code) is invalid.
- Authentication Required - The issuer declined the authentication exemption request and requires authentication for the transaction. Retry with 3D Secure.
Failed payments on Google Playstore or Apple Appstore
If you’re subscribing to Premium through Google’s Play Store or Apple’s App Store, you can contact either of these companies for information about your payments.
For further assistance with failed payments, contact us via email@example.com.